Villa Cocogroove, In Oberoi
Architect Ian Chee has designed a complex that creates entirely its own habitat within the surrounding walls. Chee's intention was to re-interpret the traditional Balinese layout of a dwelling. In this, there is a series of small construction grouped in the same compound, with a minimum of five areas: entrance, bedroom kitchen, bathroom and granary. Masonry platforms are traditional, as is the interpenetration of interior and exterior space.
Villa Cocogroove, completed in 2004 and with a total built-up area of 550 square meters, was conceived as a series of bales (the Balinese version of a gazebo) linked by a covered walkway and orientated to take advantage of the prevailing winds, using large cantilevered overhangs and plated pergolas for shade and protection from rain. By adapting the arrangement of a traditional Bali home, the architect was able to satisfy the client's wish to keep the guest quarters separate, and these were located in a line extending from the corner housing the kitchen, service quarters and garage. The living shelter followed by the master room extends from this corner at a right angle, while the house temple was placed facing the sacred mountain Gunung Agung in the opposite corner of the compound.
One entire wall of the compound is lined by plantings of small trees. The water connects the living area at firth with the bathrooms that adjoin the master and second bedrooms. The focus of the house is the living shelter, roofed but opens on three sides. Early morning sunlight streams into the living shelter (overleaf), with its dining table at left. The area faces out on to the lawn, swimming pool and a small bale in traditional style, thatched with alang-alang grass.
30 minutes drive to airport, 5 minutes drive to seminyak, 30 minutes drive to Tanah Lot.
- Fine dining
- Annual village festival
- Local villager's ceremony
Available upon request with additional charge:
- Babysitting or Child Minding service can be arranged at additional cost
- Daily Newspaper at additional cost
- In villa yoga at additional cost
- In villa massage at additional cost
- In villa dining at additional charge based on groceries
- Tour guide services available
- VISA Fast Track Immigration Service upon arrival at additional charge
- Bedroom : 3 Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Bathroom : Bathroom in every room
- Lounge room : The living shelter followed by the master room extends from this corner at a right angle, while the house temple was placed facing the sacred mountain Gunung Agung in the opposite corner of the compound.
- Garden : Tropical garden
- Safety Boxes : Safety box in every room
- Dining Room : nice dining room
- Breakfast : Daily Continental breakfast for 2 persons per room
- Airport Transfers : Return airport transfers
- Arrival Service : Welcome refreshment,Welcome fruit basket upon arrival
- Staff Service : fully serviced with its own staff, including a cook, a maid, gardener, and night time security staff. The staff is at your call for the entire duration of your stay and will cater to your every need.
|Villa Type||Season Rate||Book|
|3 Bedroom Villas||$550.00 ++||$650.00 ++||$700.00 ++||Inquiry|
All rates are quoted in USD
- Return airport transfers
All rates are subject to 15% government tax & service charge.
- High & Peak Season Periods
High season period: July 1 - 31, September 1 - 15, Chinese New Year and Easter Week.
Peak season period: August 1 - 31 and December 20 - January 8.
Minimum stay: LOW season: 3 nights; HIGH season: 5 nights; PEAK season: 7 nights.